Survey reveals Apple Watch satisfaction rate is at 97 percent

Apple WatchApple launched their most awaited product Apple Watch about three months ago and a lot of stuff had been written about it being the most awaited product to become a huge failure. Recently, two surveyors, Wristly and Ben Bajarin of Techpinions, revealed a statistic report showing that among the early 1000 users of the watch, 97% were satisfied with it. More specifically, 66% were very satisfied with the device and 31% were somewhat satisfied, totaling to a 97% satisfaction rate. This rating was higher than the first-generation iPhone and iPad consumer satisfaction ratings. The statistics also pointed out that tech-savvy users were more critical of the device compared to casual consumers. Tech-savvy users would rather suggest their friends to wait until the product is worth buying. On the other hand, casual consumers showed a huge interest for the watch.

Ben Bajarin wrote that “those whose job it was to think about the Apple Watch or who were early adopters who thought deeply about tech and the tech products they buy, were all much more critical of the watch. You could tell they evaluated it and thought about it deeply from every angle by their responses. Then I talked with teachers, firefighters, insurance agents, and those not in the tech industry and not hard-core techies. These groups of people couldn’t stop raving about the Apple Watch and how much they loved the product.”

A recent Slice research which was based on electronic receipts sent to millions of email addresses following the purchase, showed that the smartwatch, which was announced in September 2014 and hit the store shelves in April 2015, had a bad start with its sales falling by 90 percent since its opening week of 1.5 million units. It was also added in the report that two-thirds of the overall units sold so far were the cheapest “Sport” version. Meaning, the lowest-profit device which starts at $349, were more widely sought compared to its high-priced variants. The gold variant was unable to produce the same excitement as the iPhone gold, and the report alleged that less than 2000 units had been sold in the US. Among the Apple products, Google trends shows that Apple Watch is the least searched that even iPod exceeds it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

FOLLOW US
OR
SUBSCRIBE
Please consider subscribing to us. This way, we can update you if there is anything new and interesting to read. Your email address will remain private and you can unsubscribe anytime.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner